• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

So Much for Sharing

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a serious problem of the current era. I remember when going online was new. Back in the late 1980s. 300 baud acoustic telephone coupler. Back then, the promise of online communication was that it would be the ultimate democratization of free speech. Everyone could have a voice.

The problem is that nearly all components of the infrastructure for online communication are privately owned. And this infrastructure has become the de facto public square. The founders did not foresee a situation where the public square would be privately owned.

Now, if you go online and say anything that any part of the infrastructure disagrees with, they can silence you. This could happen anywhere along the line. The company you pay to connect to the internet (your ISP). The companies that own the cables that transport the data across the internet. The companies that own the computers that store your content and make it available on the internet.

All of these privately owned interests now dictate what you are allowed to say on the internet. And there is no public alternative.

My opinion is that we need revised laws for private companies that facilitate public discourse. Broadly, I feel that if the speech is lawful in the place where it was spoken, then it should not be subject to censorship.

This is just a follow up to what I posted yesterday about DuelistDen. I really hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this! This is a copy/paste of what Mike B. posted yesterday in the comments section of his youtube channel for the last video that is allowed to stay. These are Mikes words in their entirety that was in response to a viewer asking where the last two videos went. Here is his reply-

duelist1954
duelist1954
21 hours ago
"Yes. A liberal who objects to my political posts on Facebook is trying to get me banned on YouTube by filing complaints against my videos. YT permanently deleted last week’s video, and they suspended this week’s. I have a channel strike and I cannot upload to YT for a week. If he can get two more strikes on me, YT will permanently erase my channel, and ban me for life. I have started a Rumble channel called Duelists Den, in case that happens. I have put the last two videos there already."

I'm not trying to run a foul of any copyright stuff or what have you, but this is a very informative channel and what youtube is doing is WRONG! If you click on the 21 hours ago link it will take you to the last 'allowed' video where his explanation is.

There's no longer any cure for stupid nor is there any relief from those dedicated to abridging our 1st amendment rights of free speech and of the press.

That's the difference between a liberal and a conservative... A conservative won't pursue someone they disagree with like that. We just want to be left alone. A liberal wants to make sure anyone who disagrees with them are cancelled.
I wish I could believe that, with all the threats being uttered against judges and the FBI in our current time. I do believe that us rational conservatives fall into your statement.
Walk

We’re no longer “America, the land of the free”, we’ve became “America, the land of the offended”. Where it’s okay to have your opinion as long as it agrees with the liberals.

What I have noticed is all of the people doing You Tube about guns have changed the way that they do it. The videos they do now are much different than what they did years ago. They are all very careful about the way that they say and do things. Many are even putting in ridiculous disclaimers. They have to change the way that they make the videos so that they do not offend some San Francisco weirdo. I am not going to do that. I don't want to make videos about recreating historical artifacts in an attempt to understand the emotions and feelings of an oppressed 18th century peasant searching for meaning in a hostile new world. I want to make videos about building the GUNS that were used for KILLING things by the people that built this country long ago. You Tube don't want nothing to do with that. They like videos about what color eyeliner will look best with your beard. The good thing is that there are alternatives and You Tube is doing everything possible to make sure their competition grows.

When my sons were young they were shooting mls with supervision. They even helped wait on customers in my ml gunshop. And, on one occasion, taught some of their school teachers how to safely handle and load an ml. It's all in the upbringing.
As for Versant's original post, I'm upset also. This is a sign of the times where the controllers of online media are flaming liberals whose thought processes are in a world so far left we cannont understand it. Yes, color me angry. :mad:
I am 62 when I was 6 my uncle took me to hunting camp. I shot my first pistol listen to my first long tall hunting story and became immediately hooked. I learned respect for a weapon. At 18 the Corps taught me to fire the weapon without hesitation. Since then I have taught my kids everything i learned but of my 9 grands 3 have followed hunting and firearm use and the military the other 6 8-12 have been indoctrinated that guns are bad unless in video games and movies .Military is immoral and gun owners are one step from a school shooting. Kids today know no history of our country nothing of our constitution but at 8 + 9 know boys can be girls and a Barbie replaces a G I Joe . Where did we go so wrong

Back