• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

So I bought a cannon to restore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been casually looking for a Civil war, Napoleonic war, Indian war cannon for the last 5 years. A project to restore and for yard art at my house. Living in NM there was not much around and really didn't want something fake looking. Well I finally pulled the trigger on a cannon on eBay with basically very little knowledge about it, and the seller said they knew nothing about it either being it was from a estate sale. Irregardless of what I find out about it, I am happy with the look and cant wait to get started on restoring it.
The Uship guy is delivering it hopefully at the end of this week and then I can get some better pictures. 2.5" barrel. I did research the axle and it appears to be made by a company post civil war.
Anyhow, here is a picture. If anyone has any thoughts on it, or experience with it, I would love to hear what you got to say. Thanks. Paul

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 338
My wife has said "NO!!!" for 35 years, every time I've suggested I should get a cannon. At one time I commented how a Naval mine beside the flag pole (tastefully done) would look so good. "NO!!!" But I still ask a couple of times a year.

Looking forward to more photos, lots going on there. Do you have the wheel diameter or tube length?

53" on the tube and 37" on wheel diameter. I expect the Uship guy to deliver it before the weekend and will have better pics. Hoping to find out history about it, and if replica or built for military
I

Looks like a nice original piece, what condition is the bore? Might well be a nice shooter. Look forward to some more pictures

Back