• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

So how good is my cleaning routine ??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last week when I shot and sighted in the rifle, I cleaned the rifle with the Rusty Duck black off on the left, then dried and oiled the rifle. Today I got a bottle of Hoppes black powder cleaner and wanted to see if the Rusty Duck is doing it's cleaning job. I plugged the touchhole with a toothpick, mixed the Hoppes 50/50 with water and poured a little down into the barrel. Then I used my wire breech brush and worked aganst the face of the breech to get into all the nooks and crannies to see if the Rusty Duck missed anything. Then I wirebrushed the barrel and used wet patches of the Hoppes to clean the barrel and breech. All the patches look clean after scrubbing. After drying the barrel, I gave the barrel a coat of a modern CLP I have had good success with called Slip2000. I'm glad the Rusty Duck cleaner is doing a good cleaning job. Using a different cleaner I wanted to verify everything is clean and protected.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Attachments

• cleaners.JPG
    cleaners.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • patch.JPG
    patch.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Back