• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Snowman Shoot, ends January 31st 2013

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made an attempt to shoot this target this morning. The lighting was good no one else was there to distract me. I posted the target and walked back to the firing line and behold my old eyes could not focus on the targets. It was just a weird looking blur with both eyes and I can describe what I seen with my left eye closed! Unable to see the targets I did not shoot after the first round. I was using my squirrel gun so after giving up on the paper target I did manage to bust some clay pigeon fragments on the backstop behind the target frame. I did give it a try, I had fun trying but no score on this one.

grzrob said:
I made an attempt to shoot this target this morning. The lighting was good no one else was there to distract me. I posted the target and walked back to the firing line and behold my old eyes could not focus on the targets. It was just a weird looking blur with both eyes and I can describe what I seen with my left eye closed! Unable to see the targets I did not shoot after the first round. I was using my squirrel gun so after giving up on the paper target I did manage to bust some clay pigeon fragments on the backstop behind the target frame. I did give it a try, I had fun trying but no score on this one.

To avoid the blur, why not mask the other two circles with a piece of white paper, leaving only the one you are shooting at visible?

Jethro,

please send me a target by email, too.
I'll be trying to make it this time.

Hopefully it'll get to you in time.

I was always thinking maybe we could make the shoots so that targets won't have to be sent physically. I think a scan can show a lot of the target - but that's for later.
If the rules call for mailing it - of course I will.

Silex

Silex,
Your target has been e-mailed.

Mail your target postmarked by Feb. 1, 2013

You have plenty of time to get it printed, shot, mailed, and delivered. :thumbsup:
I usually give the post office 10 days past the last mailing date before I post any scores. If a target gets here after that with a postmark on or before the cutoff date I will add it to the posted scores.

Thank you Jethro!

Target received and printed - now I only need a day to sneak out to the range.

Silex

So far I have a hole in 2 out of 3 circles in 11 shots however, there are 4 holes in the 2 I have hit!

stormcloud said:
So far I have a hole in 2 out of 3 circles in 11 shots however, there are 4 holes in the 2 I have hit!

I'm starting to get the feeling that it won't be any easier to score some of these targets than it was to shoot them. :haha:

It's 5 below here with a foot of snow but maybe sometime in January I'll get to shoot, Brrrrrrr.
Deadeye

Winter weather just hit Illinois a couple hours ago. We have our first accumulated whit stuff and the wind is howlin'.
Hope you get a good day to shoot Deadeye.

I am still hoping the stars line up and I have enough snow to make a snow man, enough time to shoot and a steady enough hold to shoot the target hanging on the snow man! :grin:

Snowed two days ago. Snowed another six inches yestiddy. Prolly that same weather that crossed Illinois. Got a foot on the ground at the range up here by North Mt. In PA.
Hopin' to git'er done before the weather gets bad.
Pete

This is a conundrum! If I shoot until I have a ball in each circle, I will be disqualified for a badly mutilated target---

Please email me one

Yep, I shot at it again today,the target is pretty shredded but I have yet to get a complete ball in that dang center target. I have put hash marks on it to aid in scoring -its rough.

Back