• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Snowman Shoot, ends January 31st 2013

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't feel bad Silex,my target had so many holes in it there wasn't enough paper left to mail back...and I still didn't get a ball in all the circles. :redface: It looked like Swiss cheese at least around the Snowman. :td: :shake: :doh:

And this one's a bugger to score, no wonder Jethro want's an easy one for the next one.
I tried to score mine but i doubt that I got it right. Deadeye

Yep. I'll be posting the results later tonight... soon as I can figger out this mess... :haha:

OK, here are the results... as best as I can figger anyway...
It was real close on a couple of these targets to pullin' out the "mutilated" rule. :haha:
I shoulda done this one in December so I coulda used the confetti a couple of you guys sent me for New Years.

In first place...
Two Shot with a score of 254 :hatsoff:
2nd place goes to Deadeye with a 242 :hatsoff: (and he did score it right. :haha: )
The caliber bonus made the difference on this contest. .54 vs .32

3rd goes to Maven with a 130?
and 4th is Stormcloud with a 129?
(both of these were really hard to score due to plenty of holes, hence the ?)

58 Caliber and MDK-WV both turned in a target but the small circle didn't have a shot completely inside of either.
In the "incomplete category"
58 Caliber gets a 88
and MDK-WV gets a -10 plus 98 points for style(shooting a live snowman) and ammo spent(LOTS!) trying.
So those guys tie. :wink:

Hey Pacobillie, Where's your target?

Thanks for playing guys. Hope you all had fun.

Congratulations to Two Shot and Deadeye and all the other contestants. :hatsoff:

This "shoot the snowman" has corrupted my thinking. Now when I drive by a snowman in the neighborhood I am thinking, "Can I knock that one over with one shot?" :hmm:

Hey Jethro it was fun! I have come in last place on every "shoot" so far so I am going to keep trying. I am getting ready for the next one. If there is enough snow I may just hang the 3x5 card around the snowman's neck, at least for the first shot anyway!

Congratualations 2 shots and to everyone who shot, great shooting. Pacobille must have found this target harder than he expected. 2 shots, how many shots did it take you to get inside the 3 circles?, took me 7, 3 on the 1st and 2 on each of the other 2. Only 7 shots I've shot all winter, been too cold. Deadeye

Congratulations to the participants and winners :hatsoff: !

Silex

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I had no idea my target was even close to competing, let alone taking first place. The guys watching said I wouldn't even place. Deadeye; it took me 10 shots. 2 on the bottom circle ( I started here and worked my way up ). 3 on the middle. 5 on the small one. I didn't get one inside the line until the fifth shot. A 54 makes a big hole when you are trying to get inside the line. I got lucky. I thought it would take ten shots or more. It was a tough day with overcast and 12 degrees. At least there was no wind. The target sat on my desk for weeks before decided to mail it in. Thanks Jethro for this humbling contest.

Two Shot

seems like it took me 26 shots,2 of the first 5 were hits. :shocked2: I was real excited,then it got ugly :cursing:

A 54 makes a big hole when you are trying to get inside the line.

But that big hole musta made it easier to at least cut the line most of the time. The misses were mostly -5s instead of -10s.
Good shootin'. :thumbsup:

The bigger ball sure did help on scoring but not on shooting. That is why I left the scoring to you. I wasn't sure exactly how you were going to score the ball marks touching the lines. They looked good enough but I wasn't sure. Thanks again Jethro.

Two Shot

Jethro224 said:
Hey Pacobillie, Where's your target?

I must admit that I made a first attempt at shooting this target in early December, before there was snow on the ground. I did not complete the target (not having placed a bullet in the top smaller ring), because I had precision issues due to blown patches (I used T7). I decided that I would finish it later with real BP and then it snowed. I was no longer able to access the tract of public land where I normally go shooting. The access road is not plowed in the winter.

I do acknowledge that this concept needs perfecting. If we are to do it again, we should either shoot it at a closer distance, such as 25 yards, or make the rings larger. It was indeed a very tough target to shoot.

Back