• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Snapping Matchlocks by George

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coehornboy

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I have had the honor of getting to know George Silva, a retired movie studio carpenter who builds matchlocks for himself (none are for sale). Remarkably, George makes all of his guns from primarilly scrounged materials, and he often glues numerous small pieces of hardwood together to make a long enough piece for a stock. Here are pics of some of the locks he has made. Some use a triggers, while others have buttons built into the lockplate. A few are works in progress. Enjoy! :v

PICT0054.jpg

PICT0049.jpg

PICT0048.jpg

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

I like George, he looks like he really enjoys this. Tell him keep up the good work, love some of his details! Thanks for the photos of locks, lets see some of the full guns. I think he has some good ideas going on here!

Pat

Neat photos and thanks for posting :applause: !How does George rework the Cotter Pins into mainsprings?Any heat treating and/or tempering?A posting of his method would be informative. :hmm:

Now there's a guy with talent, not a schlepp like me! Tell him that if he needs a spare part-time job....

Latest posts

Back