• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Snaphaunce Musket Build

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Canute

Thanks for the comments. But I did NOT assemble this lock from a kit. This lock is what TRS calls an "assembled" lock. I bought it unused off the internet. If I tried to assemble this lock from a TRS kit I would just end up with a big glob of molten metal. LOL

Rick

Just noticed this old post re 'Snaphance sights ' just a round pin atop the muzzle would be about it Ide say thread it clean off the bore any bore protusion with a suitable file & let say 1 tenth" or so stick up dress off any sharp edge . Some rude V at the breach possibly would be it .
Regards Rudyard

Just noticed this old post re 'Snaphance sights ' just a round pin atop the muzzle would be about it Ide say thread it clean off the bore any bore protusion with a suitable file & let say 1 tenth" or so stick up dress off any sharp edge . Some rude V at the breach possibly would be it .
Regards Rudyard
Thank you. That's exactly what I was thinking.

Possibly something simple like this ? Just made from brass rod.

Rick
DSC00345 (Medium).JPG

Back