Quantcast

Snakes?

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Cattman

40 Cal
Reaction score
here in western ne. we have snakes and more snakes. the fedex man knocked on my door last summer to deliver some medications. he said to me, i had to walk past 3 snakes to get to your door. i said, oh those things, i just move them out of the way with my cane. i signed for the meds. their was 40 chemo pills. they were 1000 dollars each. he had 40,000 dollars in his hand i signed for. some thing is more wrong than snakes here. a 1000 dollars a pill is pure greed and God does not like greed.

Shooter1

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Wow--my bottle of pills for a month are only $12,000. But I'm still here.

Griz44Mag

62 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
A 4 ft Mojave Green? That's downright scary
Could have been a hybrid.
Both the Mojave and the Western are Crotalus and they will interbreed.
A hint is to look at the banding on the tail and the patterns on the hide.
The Eastern diamondback will likely not interbreed - unless possibly in captivity. (They do not have overlapping territories like the Mohave and the Western do. The colorization and size are likely adaptations to environment, both subspecies descending from the same origin.
My buddy in the reptile business has tried to interbreed the Timber with the Mohave (a green tinted Timber Rattler would be beautiful!) - but they don't tolerate each other. The toxins in the venom are also radically different. The Western has a less toxic venom but a much larger volume where the Mohave has a more toxic venom but smaller volume.

Shooter1

36 Cl.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
No tail banding and gorgeous color--not getting close enough to check pattern.

Walkingeagle

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Wow--my bottle of pills for a month are only $12,000. But I'm still here.
Never asked how much my chemo pills cost, but likely not cheap and I take 162 every 28 days, plus a Single chemo injection that I know costs $2650.00 alone...
Walk

mushka

36 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Some years back, I guess about ten, I was on a prairie dog shoot up on the Boquillas ranch near Seligman Az. Was shooting off the ground with a scoped rifle on bi pod. There was an abandoned hole about three feet in front of me with a mound around it. When I got up and looked in the hole there was a nice Mojave looking right at me. After that I checked more closely what was nearby. Gives one an odd feeling.

oreclan

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I had rattlesnake once and it had a rank taste like carp. Everyone’s taste buds are different. Was told you have to soak them in milk but we just steaked it and tossed it on the grill.
I ate some water moccasin at a Marine Corps survival school back in the early 1970's. It tasted just like the Neuse River near which it had been caught!

Latest posts