• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SMR Strikes Again!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas.bill92

40 Cal
Reaction score
This whistle pig was no match for my .40 Kibler Southern Mountain Rifle. This one had been teasing me for quite some time but I finally was able to put the sneak on him.
IMG_20221022_200613_489.jpg

This one is walnut, your gonna love yours when you get it together. Absolutely wonderful rifles.
I'm looking forward to it. I get a day or two a week to piddle with it because of an illness, but I'm making progress, all be it slow progress. I still need to cast some round balls so I may get to that in the next few days.

I'm looking forward to it. I get a day or two a week to piddle with it because of an illness, but I'm making progress, all be it slow progress. I still need to cast some round balls so I may get to that in the next few days.
Slow progress means more attention to detail! I sped through mine, I'm not of the creative craftsman kind, I just wanted a dang nice flintlock to shoot ASAP!

Good job, they can certainly be a pest. Nice rifle!
Well his hide is in the freezer and I just pulled the meat out of the crock pot. Never could do that with the unmentionable pest extermination device. I
Nice! How close were you able to sneak up on him?
I had to set up probably 35 yards from his hole just inside a woodsline, he had gotten very skittish over the past couple weeks.

Back