• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SMR kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am prepping for finish my first Kibler. It is a Colonial with extra fancy maple. This is an assemble as in building a plastic model airplane in the 60's kit.
Less than 8 hours to complete the assembly and my eyes and hands are nearly worthless any more so anyone should have no trouble completing an excellent finished rifle. My lock and side plate as well the butt plate and trigger all went in perfectly without adjustment. The drilling guide and drill bits along with the tap included with the kit simplify even the most daunting of operations(drilling the under lugs machined in the barrel). Probably the most time and effort was spent on elongating those holes with a jeweler's saw and needle files. Outstanding finished product with minimal skill required, the Kibler kits highest demand is on your going slow and being certain before you remove wood or metal.

Last edited:
I was going to do a Kibler SMR but they didn't come in .50 cal so I went with Pecatonica. More work but very satisfied for my first real rifle "kit.
IMG_2575.JPG
_MG_2550.JPG
"

Jim makes a quality product, i am curious how well it will keep its value. I don’t plan to sell mine . There haven’t been any new TC ‘s made in a long time but they are still expensive.

Back