• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

SMR half cock problem

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can’t think of anything other than the fly is missing. Did you take the lock apart? The fly is easy to lose. If you’re not sure you can send it back for us to check out.

Thanks
Jim
Jim, I've been out of the net for a few days. I will send you an email with photos of the fly. Hopefully you can see the problem without me sending the lock to you. Thanks!

Take it out of the gun and see if it works. I had same problem more than once.
What I found is the trigger plate was inlet to deep in the stock . When inletted to deep the trigger searched part that hits the lock sear leg actually puts pressure on the lock part and you can't get half cock and some times full cock . THE TRIGGER ADJUSTMENT could be set to light and will cause this too

How does the trigger assembly operate when removed? The Kibler trigger and Lock are certainly top notch but still require polishing and turning. On mine the set trigger spring was way too tight out of the box.
DO NOT polish or tune anything on a Kibler lock! They are Swiss watch perfect as you get them. Kibler locks are made to a level of precision and finish that has never been mass marketed before. They are not all like the cast, sloppy, ill fitting locks of the past.

DO NOT polish or tune anything on a Kibler lock! They are Swiss watch perfect as you get them. Kibler locks are made to a level of precision and finish that has never been mass marketed before. They are not all like the cast, sloppy, ill fitting locks of the past.
Strongly disagree with that. There is no such thing as a moving part that doesn’t benefit from polishing. Kibler locks are the best, but they can definitely be made even smoother with a little careful polishing. I do the same with the trigger assembly too and it helps.

Latest posts

Back