• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

smoothbore weight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For what it’s worth, my Fusil-de-Chasse made from a TOW kit is pretty light and feels lighter due to its incredible balance.

Balance IS a big thing and the off thr shelf 16 bore "Griffin" puts the meat between the hands to make foe a lively gun

You guys got me wondering how much my recently finished fowler weighs so I weighed it over the weekend.

It has a 36 inch 20 gauge barrel made by Greg Christian and it weighs 6.5 lbs.

Lightest and handiest flinter I own!

Capt. Jas. said:
Pete D. said:
Pete D. said:
My relatively recent Mike Brooks fowling gun is 16 bore with swamped 42" barrel & walnut stock that comes in right at seven pounds even.
Similar here Mike Brooks fowler 16 gauge w. 42” barrel at Six pounds four ounces. After Switlick #9.
Points like a wand.
Pete
Ah....mistake in my post....should read "after Grinslade #9". Switlik wrote about cannons not fowlers.
I would guess that both of the guns have the Colerain "Griffin" barrel in 16 that I mentioned above.

Good guess. Mine does.

Latest posts

Back