Smoothbore help needed

Discussion in 'Smoothbore' started by kentucky bucky, Sep 8, 2004.

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum by donating:

1. Sep 9, 2004 #21

kentucky bucky

kentucky bucky

kentucky bucky

45 Cal.

I see , after some detective work, that Colrain makes a "C" profile oct. to round that is 38". That would probably fill the ticket. I believe the over all length would be OK with a 38" barrel, but I'll still have to lean it over a bit to fit it into my safe. That's what I get for loving long barreled shootin' irons. ::

2. Sep 9, 2004 #22

Rebel

Rebel

Rebel

Cannon MLF Supporter

Maybe ya should just get a taller safe. ::

3. Sep 9, 2004 #23

Musketeer

Musketeer

Musketeer

50 Cal.

Or get a fowler w/ a folding stock! :shocking: :crackup: :crackup: :crackup::thumbsup:

4. Sep 9, 2004 #24

Hey!!! We're doing real good!! No one has called anyone else a Nazi yet!! (You autimatically lose the argument when you do that!) :crackup:

However, that folding stock comment was totally uncalled for!! Go to your room and think about what you said!! :nono:

Bucky, have you considered a blunderbus? That would solve the whole problem.

You can even have a folding bayonet!

Whatever you decide I hope the parts go together well and you enjoy the experience!!

5. Sep 10, 2004 #25

Musketeer

Musketeer

Musketeer

50 Cal.

Ghost, my deepest heartfelt apology, my friend. You're absolutely right. I spent some time in my room this afternoon just thinking about what I had written. I reached the conclusion that to suggest defacing a beautiful fowler, even in jest, in such a manner brings shame and dishonor to us all! :crackup: I must have been :youcrazy:to even think of something so barbaric! :redface: :(

P.S. I guess you don't want to hear my idea for a "tactical' Brown Bess w/ laser sight, nylon sling, etc. :crackup: :crackup: :crackup: :thumbsup:

6. Sep 10, 2004 #26

Think of the convenience, though. As well, some sort of sliding plug mechanism instead of the cock and hammer.