• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Smoothbore and Smoothbrain.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It's been brutally hot in SWARK. Thankfully, we got a significant drop in temps today. After work we made a little circle through the woods loaded with a #6 Skychief special looking for bushtail. We didn't see a single blasted one. My only guess is they are all sleeping today; completely exhausted from furiously fanning their 🥜🥜 nonstop for the past 2 weeks. Found a game superhighway. Win. Successfully tried out some new PRB combos. Win. Didn't get snakebit. WIN.

I give him a hard time, but Mr. Smoothbrain, "Hey DumDum", Murphy, etc. is a fantastic woods dog. He stays quiet, treads lightly, and never leads further than we can see each other. Now if I could just get him to home in on some Rodentia Arboreal.

I have really been pleased with the Sitting Fox trade gun. Its a joy to carry and fire. With the 36" barrel and weighing only 6 lbs, this lefty flinter is becoming one of my favorites.

twistedmurphBIG.JPG

I saw that cold front on the weather map but it stopped short of north Bama. How bad are the ticks up there? I can't leave the cut grass without getting one. Did you build the Sitting Fox from a kit?

I saw that cold front on the weather map but it stopped short of north Bama. How bad are the ticks up there? I can't leave the cut grass without getting one. Did you build the Sitting Fox from a kit?
They actually haven't been that bad this year, knock on wood. I've caught one or two crawling on me, but haven't been covered up or bit. I didn't have any on me after this little walk, and I was in prime real estate for it.

The Sitting Fox I did not build. It was a kit gun, but had been completed. I traded the fabled BigSkyRambler for it, he always has the coolest pieces for sale, I might add.

It is a 20ga/.62 caliber

I have fired shot out of it, at pinecones, and killed them dead. ~15 yards. I haven't patterned it yet.

I have shot .600 round ball with a .015 patch out if it and hit the dead snag where I was aiming. ~30 yards. I have not put it on paper yet, but feel confident it would perform well at 50.

It's been brutally hot in SWARK. Thankfully, we got a significant drop in temps today. After work we made a little circle through the woods loaded with a #6 Skychief special looking for bushtail. We didn't see a single blasted one. My only guess is they are all sleeping today; completely exhausted from furiously fanning their 🥜🥜 nonstop for the past 2 weeks. Found a game superhighway. Win. Successfully tried out some new PRB combos. Win. Didn't get snakebit. WIN.

I give him a hard time, but Mr. Smoothbrain, "Hey DumDum", Murphy, etc. is a fantastic woods dog. He stays quiet, treads lightly, and never leads further than we can see each other. Now if I could just get him to home in on some Rodentia Arboreal.

I have really been pleased with the Sitting Fox trade gun. Its a joy to carry and fire. With the 36" barrel and weighing only 6 lbs, this lefty flinter is becoming one of my favorites.

View attachment 146852

Looks like a fun time.

Another “Lefty” from Arkansas!!!

LOL!

RM

Latest posts

Back