• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN Smooth Bore Trade Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

Longtime lurker looking to finally pull the trigger on a smoothbore / fowler flinter. Rifled barrels also welcome.

~30 inch barrel
~50 inch overall length
10-20 gauge
Premium condition or fine

Considering the Pedersoli Brown Bess Carbine (trade length) or Indian Trade Rifle but have read testimony against frizzen heat treatment and other lock problems on Pedersoli's rifles.

With the availability of Kibler or Chambers kits I'd wait to get a long gun. Something shorter and smooth seems to fit the bill. Would be used for anything from small game to minor tracking / stationary deer and bear.

I'd rather keep money in the pockets of others who enjoy the craft and history than send it overseas.

Any owners of a similar style rifle or musket of fairly recent construction and firm qualities willing to part ways please consider. Suggestions and advice appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
How about a 12 gauge (.730). Will PM more pictures if interested.
1666187214360.jpeg

Nice rifle Norman. Looking for a longer cradle underneath the barrel, to full length or near it. Ideally no patchbox cut.

Attachments

• B0051BD4-C40D-4C05-AFF4-F6DF2138920D.jpeg
    B0051BD4-C40D-4C05-AFF4-F6DF2138920D.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DD6ABD48-7A4B-42E9-BABB-6C66F9B82227.jpeg
    DD6ABD48-7A4B-42E9-BABB-6C66F9B82227.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 0
  • BD89061E-CF25-43E4-9A22-96702CB0BAA0.jpeg
    BD89061E-CF25-43E4-9A22-96702CB0BAA0.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 0
Thread title: Smooth Bore Trade Rifle.
Oxymoron? Is not rifling part of the definition of a rifle?
I suppose that's fair. Should it be "Trade Smooth Bore"? Wasn't sure what to call it. I am also open to rifled firearms of a similar specification.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back