• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

FOR SALE Smooth Bore 62 For Sale

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackGGarner

32 Cal
Reaction score
For Sale ~ 62 Cal Fowler Smooth Bore; 42” Colerain Barrel. This Rifle is made with Curly Maple Wood with curl throughout. Brass mounted with set of deluxe thimbles, 14” pull, single trigger, Queen Anne L &R lock, with TVM parts to complete this rifle. This was built by Conner Garrett; he has been working with Jack for 5 years now. 1650.00 this includes shipping.
A9202703-663F-4296-BD8B-83B0E75DE679.jpeg
094EA095-63C5-4F3F-AF28-FA6E0A9A7EDF.jpeg
567F7BE7-7E52-4261-9FDF-498ABF6782D5.jpeg

Attachments

• 6CBFE46C-AFCC-483C-A7ED-DA5648FD12C5.jpeg
    6CBFE46C-AFCC-483C-A7ED-DA5648FD12C5.jpeg
    569.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
For Sale ~ 62 Cal Fowler Smooth Bore; 42” Colerain Barrel. This Rifle is made with Curly Maple Wood with curl throughout. Brass mounted with set of deluxe thimbles, 14” pull, single trigger, Queen Anne L &R lock, with TVM parts to complete this rifle. This was built by Conner Garrett; he has been working with Jack for 5 years now. 1650.00 this includes shipping. View attachment 193300View attachment 193301View attachment 193302
Why does the trigger go so far back?

14" pull? That seems fairly long. I'm six feet two inches tall and that would be long for me. Am I missing something?
Many factory Hawken style rifles have a 14" LOP or very close to it.
Other models like the factory Kentucky rifles have a shorter LOP closer to 13.5"
I just looked up the Lyman Great Plains rifle and it's LOP is listed as 14".
I'm guessing that most of the other Lyman rifles also have a 14" LOP.--->>> http://logcabinshop.com/oc30/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=24402

Some other listed factory LOP's:
Pedersoli Pennsylvania Dixie .45 Rifle - 13.5"
Pedersoli Kentucky - 13.5"
Cabela's Pedersoli Blue Ridge - 14 1/8"

How to measure length of pull. (LOP)

Stand with your arms at your sides. Bend your shooting arm at the elbow and hold it at a 90-degree angle with your palm facing up. At this point, your arm should be parallel to the ground, palm open and fingers pointing forward.

Have your assistant use the tape measure to measure the distance from the inside crook of your elbow to the first (outer-most) joint on your shooting finger.

Even though this measurement is between your finger and your elbow, as opposed to your finger and your shoulder where it will mount, it is an accurate measurement of your true LOP.

Jack:
*EVERY For sale ad must have forum ID and date written on a sheet of paper clearly visible in at least one picture! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
This is from the classified guidelines
Nit Wit

Got what
Jack:
*EVERY For sale ad must have forum ID and date written on a sheet of paper clearly visible in at least one picture! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
This is from the classified guidelines
Nit Wit
Just found out what is going on. Trying to get this done today

For Sale ~ 62 Cal Fowler Smooth Bore; 42” Colerain Barrel. This Rifle is made with Curly Maple Wood with curl throughout. Brass mounted with set of deluxe thimbles, 14” pull, single trigger, Queen Anne L &R lock, with TVM parts to complete this rifle. This was built by Conner Garrett; he has been working with Jack for 5 years now. 1650.00 this includes shipping. View attachment 193300

View attachment 193301View attachment 193302
Nice! Weight of the gun?

Back