• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Smooth barrel for T/C Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike G

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hey Y’all,
I was wondering if anyone is still making smoothbore barrels for the T/C Hawken. I have a 50 cal that I never use as I spend all my time squirrel hunting with my Feist nowadays. Any leads on where I might find a new or old stock drop in 20 ga smooth barrel would be appreciated.
Mike

Unless you luck into one of the Lyman 20ga barrels your chances are probably somewhere between ‘slim’ and ‘none’. Find his contact info and send your Hawken barrel to Mr. Hoyt in Pennsylvania to be bored smooth. Last l heard he charges 60 bucks to just bore a barrel plus you’d have shippin’ both ways. If you find a 20ga barrel you’d likely pay way more than that for it.

I bored and polished a worn out 45 barrel to a 50 smoothie.

Adding to what bubba.50 said;
Mr Hoyt needs a T/C 1" barrel to make a full 20ga out of it,, he can only take a 15/16" out to a smooth 52 bore

If your Hawken has a 1" barrel, a T/C Renegade 56SB 56cal smoothbore barrel will drop in.

Besides PRB's, I used 28ga shotcups with a cardboard overwad over birdshot in mine for small game.

I also have a aTC Renegade barrel (1 inch ) that I would like to send to Bobby for a 62 smoothbore job. Had no idea he only charges 60 bucks. Couldn't go wrong with that.

Back