• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Smoky smell.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the route I went with some leather and bags I was given and it worked well. Nothing any worse than smoke odor to a person that has quit smoking.
I am a quitter. Smoked longer than most of you have lived. Tobacco smoke doesn't bother me a bit. No more than smoke from a camp fire. In fact I enjoy the smell of some cigars and pipes. Cigarette smoke I can take or leave.

I am a quitter. Smoked longer than most of you have lived. Tobacco smoke doesn't bother me a bit. No more than smoke from a camp fire. In fact I enjoy the smell of some cigars and pipes. Cigarette smoke I can take or leave.

I was smoking when you had to let Prince albert out of the can, rolled my own and I used to be able to tolerate tobacco's smoke better than I do now, but it seems like todays tobacco has a staunch stinging eye and nose effect. Definitely don't object to one enjoying a smoke, I ty to stay out of the direction of the wind. The swig of Kentucky, I enjoy still. :thumb:

In the days of old when people could smoke in the common spaces underway we had to repaint every other patrol and no matter where you kept your stuff it had a brown tinge and an odor forever. My seabag still smells and it hasn't been on board in over 40 years.

I don't think you have the right ozone generator. I have used mine to take the smell out of 70 year old German leather coats, and I am hyper sensitive to nicotine.
I put the object and the ozone generator into an enclosed space, like a closet, and let it run for about a week. It always works. And it is permanent.

Different smell, but even that odor will shy away game. I like to hunt where people practice smoking. I keep my distance and usually have a successful hunt, just like people used to do me. I call it the invisible driver; works even where driving i
I use to smoke as well, can’t stand the smell now.
I quit a few years ago, but the smell doesn't bother me at all. And I cannot count the times that I had to set a cigarette down in order to shoot a deer. Most deer are used to smelling smoke from many different sources as they travel their feeding and breeding routes. Chimneys, trash fires, camp fires, extinguished fires, camp fire smoke odor on clothing is considered good cover scent by some.

Back