• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smells good

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Going to fort charters in a couple of weeks. So prepping some food to carry.
A couple of potatoes, a couple of onions, a pound of mushrooms, all laid out in the dehydrator. stuck out in the garage.
And it smells great.
Whoo.

Going to fort charters in a couple of weeks. So prepping some food to carry.
A couple of potatoes, a couple of onions, a pound of mushrooms, all laid out in the dehydrator. stuck out in the garage.
And it smells great.
Whoo.

Why dehydrate them? taters and onions will keep for weeks.

Weight.
I want to stay with historic foods and would be traveling. so dried food.
My wife can’t come, so I travel fairly light,and I can pack a weeks worth of food in a market wallet.
But no, you don’t need to to be correct.

Dutch oven pizza, much easier.
For an America living history event you might want to go with a meat pie. You could make it and call it a ‘meat pie in the Italian style’(calazone). And just maybe if you lived close enough or traveled near spanish settlements you may have developed a taste for them poison love apples:)

I was thinking of keeping the preparation and ingredients to a minimum. Maybe a flatbread with tomato, onion, Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.
Simple, tasty and elegant, for a mountain man. :D

Back