• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Small game rifle options?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I probably spent more time making the bad precarve work than I spent on the entire Kibler build.

^ That's exactly what I was afraid of going with another brand of kit. Sometimes in stuff like that it would be easier to start from scratch I feel. I doubt I'd be ready for a project like that!

I'm over in Decatur, 'bout 45 minutes East of ya.

Your Kibler turned out awesome! I was really torn between the .32 and .36. I'll probably always wish I got the other caliber, no matter what I actually bought! LOL

Did you spring for upgraded wood? Looks very nice. Good straight grain where it counts and some nice figure where you can see it! I really like that.

They don't like to be photographed whole:). Here are a couple of pictures of mine. .40 with ash stock

Attachments

• IMG_1544.JPG
    IMG_1544.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1543.JPG
    IMG_1543.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1542.JPG
    IMG_1542.JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 162
Thanks Thumper. I bought this rifle from a member here almost finished. He purchased the curly ash blank elsewhere and had Jim build this stock with it. I sanded and finished the wood with some very minor wood to metal work. I then draw filed the barrel and finished all of the metal parts. There was a little flash rust on the tumbler and sear bolts that was hindering the action a little until I found it. I polished it off and haven't had any trouble since. Looking at how the parts and wood were mating up, I don't think that you will have any hiccups as you build it. Get a good selection of files, some good quality sandpaper, some sharp chisels and your choice of wood and metal finishes before you get it in so you can jump right in. I thoroughly enjoyed the parts that I did, especially the wood finishing. I really do like this rifle, it kind of takes me back in time when I hunt with it, very enjoyable!

Is the ballistic products are round with out a flat spot on the side?

Don’t worry about small flat spots. By the time you get that swaged ball seated it it will no longer be in pristine condition anyway. It will have rifling marks around the circumference, and ramrod end damage to the forward side anyway.

Latest posts

Back