• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Small funnel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The other day was at the doctors office he use the light to look in my ears; when he was finished he tossed the small funnel end in the trash I asked if I could have it so took it home and use it fo my smaller bore rifles to pour the powder down the bore...the opening is about 5/8 and the small end a little over an 1/8works pretty good don’t spill as much powder and they are free.

Don`know the dimensions. But can get small funnel at hobby lobby. Also you can roll apiece of paper ( notebook) at an diagonal and can use it as temp funnel.

Those are called Otoscope covers and come with four or five different diameters on the small end. My doctor gave me a handful years ago when I asked for one.

As I understand it, they are mighty handy for trickling powder into the nipple seat on those rare occasions when one might dryball (though I have no personal experience with such a thing :cool:).

45170320445_a745503eaf_c.jpg

Last edited:
The old coot across the street takes a used powder twist cap, and an .223 case.
Cuts the base off, puts cuts in the base end, drills a hole dead center of the cap, and peens the case into the cap. Ive had mine for a decade now, and has never gotten loose or broken.
It screws on to a can, and you pour.

Back