• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Small Elk Bag

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished this small pouch out of soft elk with deerskin binding. I think it will be a good size for a days hunt. Small pocket in the main pouch with pocket on the back. Strap is canvas dyed with tea. Inside of flap lined with canvas also. Debating dying the binding dark brown also. Opinions anyone? 20210919_191051.jpg20210919_191112.jpg20210919_191028.jpg20210919_191133.jpg

I like the design & workmanship, but would dye the white stitching on the darker body of the bag a brown or black, if it were mine.

Nice bag. I would leave the binding as is. Let time and use darken it and give it character.
I would be sorely tempted to rub some dark shoe polish or something on the stitching where it shows on the darker leather. But that is just my personal taste.

Back