• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SLOW MOTION MUSKET SHOT AT CUIRASS AND BALL IMPACT

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loyalist Dave

Cannon
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey black powder shooters here's a video of a dog-lock aka English Lock musket shooting a roundball at a cavalry cuirass (breast plate) with impact results.

So this is on a Spanish page, and might be a Spanish musket..., don't know how long this will be "up"....

Musket Video with Impact

LD

Great aim, that ball hit right on the ridge of the breast plate. They were designed to deflect arrows, bolts and balls to the side. I imagine the force of getting hit square on like that would make it hard to stay on your horse.

Wow! That was slower than slow but a very interesting vid. Didn't see any sparks and the priming seemed to take forever to ignite. But, that was what it seemed like. Great vid.
I don't know as we'd have to slow-mo our own guns and see.., but it might be a tad slow on that particular shot.

LD

One question, as I await my first flint. That flint didn’t seem to spark much at all, it seemed to light the pan after it stopped its fall. Is that common?
I noticed that as well! In fact some of the powder was kicked out of the pan when the cock struck home,before the priming burned. It took a minimal little teeny spark to set it off, evidently.

Back