• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Slow motion clay destruction

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That wasn't me, I missed many more than I hit. Had never shot skeet before and those birds flew a lot faster than I could react.

Cool video. I like shooting skeet with my 16 gauge and 410 gauge unmentionables. It must be much harder with the slight delay and follow-through required.

Been shooting skeet with my 20 ga Pedersoli flint double. Maintained lead works well and eliminates the timing differences from shooting suppository shotguns with a swing thru/pull away lead. Have a bit of trouble with some low house presentations as the right frizzen gets in the way of sight line to the target. The smoke cloud makes the second shot on doubles a bit problematic as well.

My one son-in-law is from the U.K. the first time he came for Thanksgiving we shot some trap with both modern and muzzleloaders. He liked the modern and wanted to try the percusion sxs Pedersoli after shooting a few with it, he tried the flint trade gun. He was totaly amazed when he broke a bird the first try. He bought me an electric trap for Christmas the next year so we did not have to use the old Tarus.

Years ago at Dixon's ML Fair there use to be a person giving demonstrations shooting clay birds with a 20 gauge smooth bore. He would let onlookers try their hand at shooting it. My wife at the time who never shot a ML or clay birds before broke one on her first try. As for me I missed.

Latest posts

Back