• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Slix-Shot Nipples

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1860 Army

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I just got these nipples and when installed on my 1860 Uberti, the CCI # 11 caps rub against the frame and jam the cylinder. Seems that the nipples are too long.
# 10 caps are not available in Honolulu.
Any suggestions?

Have you tried to use the hammer and push the caps down further? Could be slightly larger and just need a little extra help to seat them.

Sounds like you better contact the nipple supplier, they may have sent the wrong nipples?

Capt. Thomas

I did. Called Bad Man Bullets and they suggested I contact another individual. I'm waiting on a reply.
BTW: You Air Mic(United)?

Maybe you've got the wedge pressed in too tight?
Wedge depth is a variable that is meant to adjust cylinder gap,,
That little clip in the wedge is supposed to keep the wedge from falling out when pulled, it's not meant to be pushed all the way to the far side as a clip or keeper.
Just throwin out ideas

I have a pair of nipples made for a revolver, and they are shorter than #11 rifle nipples. (They came from Amco, via Track of the Wolf.)

In a worst case you could file the down to length. I can't file mine a little longer though!

The nipples are longer then the stock nipples. I don't want to do any work on them. :surrender: Think I'll just return them to Bad Man Bullets.
BTW, Track of the Wolf has a 90 day wait for 1860 Colt nipples

Slix-Shot nipples are made to work with #10 remington caps. I have tried CCI#11 and RWS 1075 caps
and they work so-so if you don't mind a few cap jams.
My guns are equipped with cap rakes so the jams are at the water table not the hammer channel.
I have no solution to your problems sorry.
WB

Back