• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

sling for TC Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudcreek

32 Cal
Reaction score
I need a sling. Where can I get something to attach it to my gun? What about the slings that tie on the muzzle end? Seems like that would interfere with the ramrod. And the studs that connect via the ram rod thimbles seem to all be out of stock, which makes me think they might not have been any good to start with. Any ideas?

I found sling hardware for my Renegade on Midway USA from an internet search. They can be tough to find. I had to buy the whole kit when I really only wanted the sling buckle for the thimble, but that was all I could find. I then ordered a sling from October Country that is the slip over the end of the butt type, which laces up to hold it, and then attaches to the sling buckle on the thimble. I ordered the above type rather than installing the stud and buckle on the butt of the rifle simply because I liked the looks of it. It also has the added benefit of acting as a bit of a recoil pad when shooting my heavy conical load. The Possible Shop also carries the above sling. Without the thimble stud and having to use the tie to the muzzle type I'd be more worried about it interfering with seeing the front sight than anything.

I purchased a set of grovtec swivel hardware from e-bay this fall for about $25, new in package. there was another set at the time for the same price, as I recall. Had to buy 2 stock rear sights for TC hawkens there also. Apparently, stock rear sights in this neck of the woods are a rare option.

i finally ordered a set of grove tech...unfortunately all I could find has a black thimble. I guess I can stand it. thanks for all the suggestions.

P1010005.JPG
P1010003.JPG
W/ my TC Hawken I made a front strap holder from a length of a coat hanger , formed it into a sorta triangle and brazed the ends and filed a groove in the under rib which positioned the strap holder over the RR pipe. ....so it doesn't block the RR. Yes....I made new steel RR pipes when I modified the stock.

For the rear strap holder I used a commercial sling attachment which is riveted to a 1/8" thick toeplate. .....this is a hunting rifle so am not concerned about being HC.

This arrangement has been proven on many hunts.....Fred

P1010003.JPG

Attachments

• P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 41
  • P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I need a sling. Where can I get something to attach it to my gun? What about the slings that tie on the muzzle end? Seems like that would interfere with the ramrod. And the studs that connect via the ram rod thimbles seem to all be out of stock, which makes me think they might not have been any good to start with. Any ideas?

Hi,

I just bought 2 October Country Muzzleloader
Universal Slings and the are "Great" and are very reasonably priced. They have two types including a standard and a two-tone sling!

The two-tones are sharp and the leather quality
is High Grade!!!

I've got about 10 feet of nylon rope I use for a sling, dog lead, deer drag or pole ties, any thing I need it for. I just tie it on the T/C Hawken Rifle when I need a sling.

You could use some sort of my "traditional" material and do the same.

Back