• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Slight crack in powder horn tip - any ideas on how to repair?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
as said, I also had it happen from pushing the stopper in too far. so, I wrapped it with several lares of artifical sinew, and applied a sparingly amount of GROLLIA SUPER GLUE, to it. and it not going anywhere!!

Yes like tomahawk said, I’d just carefully separate the crack as much as I could. I’d then do one of these repairs, I’d either use super glue, try and push some epoxy in it or just rub some beeswax in it. That crack isn’t that terrible…
I like 5min epoxy from h.f.

As stated I would recomend using a slightly over sized plug coated with bees wax to open up the crack, put in super glue and remove the plug . I cover up my repairs with a mixture of super glue and horn dust made by sanding a matching horn and collecting the dust. I keep jars of horn and antler dust from when making horns or powder measures etc. around since it comes in handy.

Back