• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sitting Fox Muzzleloaders

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter D65

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking to build a kit, finished a Pedersoli 32 Trapper and it was a simple build. Looking for something with a little more to do and more customizable.

Found web site for Sitting Fox, Kits

Wondering if anybody knows any good or bad about them.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Peter

I have only bought one kit from them and can’t complement them enough. They were quick and gave excellent service. The parts wee as high quality as ive got from track or pecotonic.
I THINK that bad reviews come from the compleated guns. Ray contracts the work out and is done to sell to a lower budget. And not the quality warm done by higher priced custom makes.
For a kit, Ray will put a good product in your hands. My siting Fox smooth rifle
84F32BB1-A63E-4FDF-B1D2-39C01E955E92.jpeg

regarding trade guns, i bought a brown bess from Loyalist arms in Nova Scotia Canada. They do amazing work and have a nice trade gun, they are Indian Manufacture but they take the time to finish them exceptionally well where someone thought mine was an original. They did such great work I bought a calvary pistol from them as well.

Just another option to look at, they only have smooth bore so why I was looking elsewhere for rifled

Steer very clear of these guys. I ordered and paid for a golden age kit in early August, and was met with excuse after excuse. Finally I received the kit I think around January. The worst part is that it was garbage. I paid to have dovetails cut, and they were roasted. The underlugs were done with a dull file. The rear sight was so bad it fell right out. The barrel looked like it was stored in the lake. I've been shafted by a few companies (not related to muzzleloaders), but this one was particularly bad. And the best part was the denial, and he even tried to laugh it off as "Florida patina"

After a back and forth, Ray Franks gave me a partial refund, but apparently refused to give me the shipping cost, after promising a refund. I spent around $125 to ship his rusty garbage across the country twice. He also stopped answering emails and the phone. Here's a special salute to you Ray Franks, I hope the $125 was worth it.

0120211307.jpg

0120211307a.jpg

I have used three shotgun s/b by Sitting Fox 2 in 12 bore and one in 16 which I found OK they were proofed in Birmingham .has I live in the UK .See Images
Feltwad

P1010007.JPG
P1010001.JPG

I agree with Cabin Creek and Kibler kits. I have 3 from Kibler and 1 from Cabin Creek. All are great kits. Kibler kits are almost sent to you in the white. Cabin Creek kits require a little more work, but are very good kits.

I’ll report back when my SFM arrives. Ray generally replies back within a day and answered all of my questions

Latest posts

Back