• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Sitting Fox K-47 TN Halfstock .45 Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonboyb

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Yet another project I never got around to taking up space in my workshop. Bought the kit to build a compact light flintlock for deer hunting and it should tip the scales around 6.5 lbs. Kit has upgraded stock CM3, Davis #4 triggers, banana patch box, and inlet for lollipop tang (around $250 in additions). Green Mountain 13/16x36" .45 cal. Stock has exceptional figure from the wrist forward that washes out towards the butt particularly on the patchbox side. The photo on the Sitting Fox website is literally this exact stock. Enough room for up to about 15" LOP. Stock is also inlet for L&R Bailes (Manton) but does not include lock. Personally I'd do a little work on the mortise and go with a small Siler or Ketland to fit the profile better, but it's ready as-is for the Manton. Ramrod and underrib have been misplaced through the years, but every other bolt and screw bagged and included down to sights and touch hole liner. $550 shipped.

K-47 Kit

thumbnail_20200522_090455.jpg
thumbnail_20200522_090529.jpg
thumbnail_20200522_090401.jpg
thumbnail_20200522_090610.jpg

Tough crowd 😄 How about $500 shipped?

Here's a picture of finished gun from Sitting Fox website (they used wood underrib and small Siler)

Screenshot_20200522-122815_Chrome.jpg

I would love to have one of these! Just don't have the skills, tools or equipment to put it together... :-(

Would you be interested in a 54 caliber Lyman Great Plains in either flintlock or percussion as a trade? I have both.

I just had an epiphone....literal light bulb moment....and remembered where I had hidden the ram rod and metal under rib 😂

20200622_141149.jpg

Honestly cant say. You'd have to find a drawing of the L&R Manton (Bailes) and compare measurements. The Manton flintlock has a matching percussion lock though

Back