• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Silver Scabbard Throat

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LRB

75 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished an all sterling silver throat for a sword scabbard I am making. All silver with exception of a brass pin inside the button shaft. Inspired by an original 18th c. English scabbard. Throat body is from 20 ga. sheet, butt joined in the back by Silvaloy 355 silver braze. The top plate is of 14 ga sheet, joined to the body by a 95% cadmium, 5% silver solder, and the frog button is of 8 ga silver. The button unit is a four piece arrangement consisting of a 22 ga base plate, a 1/4" silver tube shaft with a 1/8" brass pin inside going through the throat body, and also half way into the button. The button unit is silver brazed together, and to the throat body. I will also be making a silver drag/chape with matching file work. Hope you enjoy a look.

I'm not sure what it would be called. I only have an unfinished blade. It is a straight blade, just a little over an inch wide at the guard, 1/4" thick with a distal taper, and having profile straight tapers to the point area, and maybe a 6 inch false edge. Somewhere around 28/30 inches long with a deep wide fuller.

Back