• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Signature Series 1860 sold for $3025... What?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good morning,

I was watching a Signature Series 3rd Generation Colt 1860 on Gunbroker. It sold for $3025. What am I missing? These usually sell for $650ish. Is this one special? I see the bid history and it appears two guys were battling over it. Perhaps their emotions got the better of them. Thank you.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/972768716

:doh::doh: WOW!!!! As 'Treeman' posted "People have lost their minds"!!! Methinks I'll sell my NIB unfired Colt 3rd Model Sig Dragoon for $2500 (gun box, all papers, manufacturers shipping box) and I'll pay the shipping if anyone is interested. :p Looking at the bidders list and what they bid, it appears auction fever hit the bidders around halfway through the auction. There will be buyers remorse for sure after the buyer realizes his folly. 🥵😭

As you said, definitely a bidding war. The guy that won it got in when it was still around $450. The bid history indicates he didn’t understand how to bid on GB because he was running his bids up with no counter bids shown on the bid history. The bright side is, if he holds on to it for a hundred years he will get his money back,

Last edited:
As you said, definitely a bidding war. The guy that won it got in when it was still around $450. The bid history indicates he didn’t understand how to bid on GB because he was running his bids up with no counter bids shown on the bid history. The bright is, if he holds on to it for a hundred years he will get his money back,
Not how that works. He understood, you don't understand. You can't run your own bid up. What he was doing was resetting his max bid if somebody counter bid. The auto-bid feature only bids up to the next lowest "high" bid when somebody counter bids.

Not how that works. He understood, you don't understand. You can't run your own bid up. What he was doing was resetting his max bid if somebody counter bid. The auto-bid feature only bids up to the next lowest "high" bid when somebody counter bids.

Appears to me also as 'chorizo' posted. After the buyers $450 bid on 03/06 looking at the time and amounts of his bids, alot of them were counter bids to regain the high bid as I see it. His last bid was made around three minutes after the 2nd highest bid and fourteen minutes before bid time ended. IMO this sale was the result of not knowing the value of what you're bidding on and/or auction fever (not going to let the other guy win) and/or maybe left over St Patrick's Day adult beverages. Pricey firearm for what it is.

I see the same seller has lots of auctions right now with the last word Antique. And a few with the last words ATF Antique. Maybe two bidders thought this item was antique?

I see the same seller has lots of auctions right now with the last word Antique. And a few with the last words ATF Antique. Maybe two bidders thought this item was antique?

If anyone is dumb enough to use GunBroker , which requires internet access......and not take the 5 seconds to Google "Colt Signature Series" to research before bidding up to $3000 ...they deserve their $3000 Uberti......and who knows if the "other bidder" wasn't a shill .....

If someone actually thought they were getting a mint condition original and spent $3000, then they obviously can afford to be that dumb and won't miss the $$

Or it will be "Relisted due to NPB" after the Shill took the bidding too far , I've seen that too on certain sellers auctions. Lots of sold items getting relisted

And here we are on another thread saying no one will pay $2000 for a high-end American made 1860 Army 😃😃

If he learns how much he overpayed for it the guy might not pay. He would get negative feedback and a non payer report to GunBroker. Better than taking a $2,500 butt kicking.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back