• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sights recommended for 45 cal rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob K

36 Cl.
Reaction score
I just acquired a very nice Jukar 45 rifle with a 32” barrel. It has a fixed “V” rear sight and missing the front sight. Both sights mount with 3/8” cutouts. Any recommendations/experience with a decent pair of sights that would fit the 3/8” mount and be adjustable?

1684016153354.jpeg

I've bought both front and back non-adjustable sights for CVA and Traditions Kentucky rifles from Deer Creek. they're listed in the parts section. I'm pretty sure the Jukars are .360 dovetail also. They do make adjustable sights for the .360 dovetail. I've seen them at Dixie Gun Works and a couple other places.
Good luck,
R

Call Traditions and see if they have a replacement Deluxe rear sight from one of their Deluxe Kentuckyish rifles or Trapper pistols.

The adjustment screw is a might cheesy, but it works well.

Lower it all the way down, file the front sight to zero the elevation, then adjust the sight upward for longer distances.

Attachments

• IMG_2765.JPG
    IMG_2765.JPG
    739.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I bought. Jukar a few years ago missing the front site, ramrod, and a lock part or two. Can't remember exactly what was missing from the internals. Was a kit that had never been fired, or completed, apparently. I ordered all the missing stuff from deer Creek. The order was cheap and the shipping, as always, was fast. Got it all together in no time and she was a great shooter.

Call Traditions and see if they have a replacement Deluxe rear sight from one of their Deluxe Kentuckyish rifles or Trapper pistols.

Lower it all the way down, file the front sight to zero the elevation, then adjust the sight upward for longer distances.
Here is a very similar option from TOW
rs-la_1.jpg

Rear sight, adjustable for elevation, wax cast steel - Track of the Wolf

They have a wide selection of traditional front and rear sights. Filing a .375" dovetail to .360" is pretty easy too.

I recently purchased one and your right the screw is very cheesy. I had to locktite the threads a tad to keep the thing from coming loose but it works well!!

A front blade, brass or silver, would be most appropriate. But, disregarding pc stuff, I like a patridge blade that is black or dark browned. Even in low light there is still a contract for aiming. I say, when it gets too dark to see your sights it is time to go home. For the rear a fixed square notch is what the patridge front needs. Once the rifle is dialed in there is no need for adjustments. This is not a rifle for serious range competition.

A front blade, brass or silver, would be most appropriate. But, disregarding pc stuff, I like a patridge blade that is black or dark browned. Even in low light there is still a contract for aiming. I say, when it gets too dark to see your sights it is time to go home. For the rear a fixed square notch is what the patridge front needs. Once the rifle is dialed in there is no need for adjustments. This is not a rifle for serious range competition.
Not a rifle for serious range competition? I beg to differ! Back in the 80s my mentors son shot one amd won 1st place in state finals i shoot one as well as my buddy i placed second last year behind my buddies 1st place! Just a fyi

Deer Creek no longer has any of the CVA Mountain Rifle sights. The TOW version is a good replacement. Otherwise just learn to shoot by making sight picture adjustments to get the ball where you want it to go.

This…
IMG_3151.jpeg

with this type of front sight. Which is available in the metric size ( maybe .360”?) also.

Attachments

• IMG_3154.png
    IMG_3154.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back