• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sight Problem

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx50cal

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey guys I just put on some williams fire sights on my hawken 50 rifle. Man I can really see great now. My problem is that my rifle is shooting about 3" to the left with every thing centered. I moved the rear sight over to the right as much as 3/16" for it to shoot dead on. I can not remember which way to drift the front sight to make it shoot more to the right. I want to drift the front over a little and move the rear over a little to the left and split the differance. I know that its really no big deal, but it just bugs me to see my rear sight over that far. With this new sight I see well enough that I was able to put 3 shots through one ragged hole four times in a row at 50 yrs. I recommend them if you need some help seeing your sights.

If you want to move the point of impact to the right you move the rear sight to the right or the front sight to the left.

The sight pictured below is available from Brownells & is the very best type of hunting sight there is. The shallow "V" is only filed into the two sights I use for hunting, the point-blank sight(lowest) which is for 100yd. with hunting load (60yd. with target load) and for 150yds. with the hunting charge, (100yds. for the target load) The final two are used for competition gong shooting at 200 and 300 meters.
:
DSCF0011.JPG

:
DSCF0017.JPG

Back