• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Siberian Snaplock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the bipod was useful when shooting sitting in snow , Is that a muzzle cap on the gun in the painting ?

The thing that appears to be tethered near the front? It isn't labeled so I cannot say for sure.

Here's one that recently sold at auction......

Never seen one for sale stateside or in Russia. Only saw one about 10 years ago in Mongolia proper, price was $300 as I recall

My this is great 'Left Field stuff' . Not so sure about the togs but great theme and fascinateing guns . My great Mentor Elmer Johnston of Washington State was into Simerpols? the small l bore Russian guns & made examples .. I believe he had concluded that the guns where primerally to kill fur bearing creatures in traps & most all the pacific coast was trapped & traded in by Russians long before the Hudson's Bay & North West Company and other similar concerns where active in that region . Hitching through Siberia ! ,Your my sort of adventurer. All good stuff Thank you for posting.
Regards & positive salutations .
Rudyard

I've only seen any pre-cartridge Russian firearms in Alaska, guess I'm not in the right circles!
Luckily, most of the former Soviet Union is very easy to get around by thumb, but when I did Uzbekistan in 2019, that was a struggle! Regards and positive salutations back at you, sir!

YES, Please, we need further detailed instruction on the making of such locks and guns! Our Russian and Baltic Muzzleloading traditions have been ignored too long! Please help us rise above the swamp of ennui and ignorance into the sunlit uplands of gun building NIRVANA! Our ancestors from the Eastern regions expect tribute in BUFFALO MEAT!!!

If you look up "Old Guard Manufacture" on facebook, you can find these locks for sale

I've only seen any pre-cartridge Russian firearms in Alaska, guess I'm not in the right circles!
Luckily, most of the former Soviet Union is very easy to get around by thumb, but when I did Uzbekistan in 2019, that was a struggle! Regards and positive salutations back at you, sir!

If you look up "Old Guard Manufacture" on facebook, you can find these locks for sale
Re the tradeing Elmer concluded they traded but perhaps didn't keep forts in the same way other than some settlements in Alaska they no doubt traded & trapped in some locations and at some periods quite extensivly as to up to the 7 million dollar sale it was Russian territory . With the lower coast under Spanish control (In both cases I expect pretty nominaly ) & not the rich furs anyway. Maybe Sea Otter? its not my field much beyond an interest in all history . Thank you for the compliments but yours are the real laurels you boldly went where I could never go to till the breakup changes not that I speak much Russian beyond' Dah .!' All good stuff, I never met a Russian that did'nt have a sence of humour
Thanks for posting.
Regards Rudyard

Our fellow member @Andrey22 has not been active here in some time but recently posted a video regarding the history and his own build of the Siberian Snaplocks: HERE
It is in Russian but you can see how the whole thing is assembled and functions at the 4:27 mark
VERY interesting trigger

Latest posts

Back