• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Show your Muzzleloading gems.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
Some of my gems that I own and shoot. I made them all.

ellOP4f.jpg

9QgprWS.jpg

hQuR8YI.jpg

HG7gEvz.jpg

9xZGnLv.jpg

wmfwxzk.jpg

MjhOD0I.jpg

ZCXhR4S.jpg

BlCxhnm.jpg

ddgH0IP.jpg

18pS7Et.jpg

1HPiYwv.jpg

rEnzDG7.jpg

xpawC6R.jpg

ZfCMaLk.jpg

OTRfVTX.jpg

yipekOT.jpg

VYtjE7J.jpg

QjH4mfs.jpg

fo4BUvw.jpg

dave

It's an unsigned 50 cal. Builder is much better than I could do, but a couple gaps in the inletting. It's a good shooter. It goes to the woods or range more than any other.
Thank you BoomStick. From the possibles bag to the powder horn, the shot starter and the frizzen cover, as well as that awesome Flintlock, that is the kit I would die for (in .54 and LH, that is)!
This has become my favorite thread, thank you all for sharing and thanks to the OP, for a wonderful idea.

I started to take pictures of the rest of my stable of muzzle loaders to show them off here. Made the UGE mistake of gathering them all in one spot. Ole Eagle eye's money pincher started sputtering like a Elco outboard!
I will be posting more pictures, one rifle at a time. IN THE classifieds!
truthfully i didn't realize what i had. and more parts on the way so there will be some percussions and "maybe" i will part with a flinter or two. sob, snivel, gasp.
The president of our gun club bought a gun safe. On his 12th trip to the basement carrying guns to put away his wife exploded. "Just how many !@#$#@!! guns do you have?!?!?"
I hope my wife never asks me because I'd have to run all over the house counting.

M1854 Colt "Russian Contract" Rifled Musket. Sam Colt altered these for Russian troops in Crimea after the p1851 British rifles were doing so much work against them. Colt's contact was not finished in time, and many were sent for use in the Italian Civil War, and some are suspected to have made it back to the states for our Civil War.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1656772222506.jpg
    FB_IMG_1656772222506.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1656772228517.jpg
    FB_IMG_1656772228517.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 0
M1854 Colt "Russian Contract" Rifled Musket. Sam Colt altered these for Russian troops in Crimea after the p1851 British rifles were doing so much work against them. Colt's contact was not finished in time, and many were sent for use in the Italian Civil War, and some are suspected to have made it back to the states for our Civil War.
Nice gun. Do you shoot that one?

Nice gun. Do you shoot that one?
I do not. Couple reasons. I'm leery of shooting any drum bolsters from the era, but Colt took existing m1816s he had bought from the government and rifled the barrels. So, the barrel thickness is thinner in grooves and could cause a barrel burst. Plus, these are just expensive and very hard to find muskets.

I do not. Couple reasons. I'm leery of shooting any drum bolsters from the era, but Colt took existing m1816s he had bought from the government and rifled the barrels. So, the barrel thickness is thinner in grooves and could cause a barrel burst. Plus, these are just expensive and very hard to find muskets.
I get it. Thanks!

Hi,
Some of my gems that I own and shoot. I made them all.

ellOP4f.jpg

9QgprWS.jpg

hQuR8YI.jpg

HG7gEvz.jpg

9xZGnLv.jpg

wmfwxzk.jpg

MjhOD0I.jpg

ZCXhR4S.jpg

BlCxhnm.jpg

ddgH0IP.jpg

18pS7Et.jpg

1HPiYwv.jpg

rEnzDG7.jpg

xpawC6R.jpg

ZfCMaLk.jpg

OTRfVTX.jpg

yipekOT.jpg

VYtjE7J.jpg

QjH4mfs.jpg

fo4BUvw.jpg

dave
I am hardly worthy to cast my eyes on such amazing craftsmanship. These are True Art and you Sir, have mastered all of the disciplines, metal working, woodworking, carving, inlaying, design and engraving, that would take us lesser mortals a lifetime to learn only one, and not half as well. It is said Bach wrote music for the universe. You build flintlocks as High Art for the universe.

Latest posts

Back