• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Show your Muzzleloading gems.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
newest to my stable. started as a plank. 32 inch rice swamped first six inches oct to a wedding band then round.
Kibler round faced colonial lock. hand made trigger . Weight is 5lbs 4ozs. 20 gauge.
reduced fowler.jpg

My home made wonder (wonder it works).
An iron Sheetz School Virginia Rifle.
Tennessee Black walnut, Chambers Late Ketland lock, Rice 42 in barrel, 45 caliber, swamped and stress relieved. Crockett double set triggers.
Old eyes please note where the rear sight is. Way north of the entry thimble. Put it there in 05, and can still see it today.

20220408_172809[1].jpg

Tennessee Black walnut, Chambers Late Ketland lock, Rice 42 in barrel, 45 caliber, swamped and stress relieved. Crockett double set triggers.
Old eyes please note where the rear sight is. Way north of the entry thimble. Put it there in 05, and can still see it today.

View attachment 178525
now that is one fine rifle! it's lines remind me of a Ferrari! every thing flows with an elegant simplicity!
really nice. did i mention i like it?

an oldie but ,to me, a goody. .40 and a dream to shoot, I used red maple and a bit soft, but that's what I had at the time, it was a bear to carve and shows all the little dents and dings of a well used rifle, I call them character flaws, Hah!
IMG_0652.jpeg

IMG_0651.jpeg
IMG_0646.jpeg

IMG_0647.jpeg

IMG_0648.jpeg

IMG_0649.jpeg

IMG_0650.jpeg

I'm not the worlds worst photographer, but I'm in the top five.
Robby

an oldie but ,to me, a goody. .40 and a dream to shoot, I used red maple and a bit soft, but that's what I had at the time, it was a bear to carve and shows all the little dents and dings of a well used rifle, I call them character flaws, Hah!
View attachment 178590
View attachment 178591View attachment 178592
View attachment 178593
View attachment 178594
View attachment 178595
View attachment 178596
I'm not the worlds worst photographer, but I'm in the top five.
Robby
That is awesome one of a kind. Your a lucky guy

View attachment 178525
very clean and honest. Proves one doesn't need magnificent wood to make a magnificent rifle

Thank you Gents for the kind words, didnt think my plain jane would be liked around all this beautiful gussied up rifles.
When I was ad DGW they told me the reason no plain janes are around today is because they were passed on until they fell apart. In the 70s when the big revival happened only fancy guns were around to copy. So thats what the companies did.
I build this plain jane for the sole purpose to pass it on to my grandboy.
Besides Im not good enough to make anything else.

Latest posts

Back