• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Show us your range box!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My pistol range box

Attachments

• 20191109_165732.jpg
    20191109_165732.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 20191109_165704.jpg
    20191109_165704.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 194
I have two range boxes. One for .50 cal and bigger. one for .45 cal and smaller. Both are very unassuming .30 cal. ammo cans that hold all the necessary items for a day at the range. They work for my needs.

I have two range boxes. One for .50 cal and bigger. one for .45 cal and smaller. Both are very unassuming .30 cal. ammo cans that hold all the necessary items for a day at the range. They work for my needs.
Hard to beat the utility of a surplus ammo can. I have a few I use for shotgun stuff, first aid kit, tool kit etc. Waterproof and just about indestructible.

You asked for it, so here ya go my friend. Is set up for an all day range session to accommodate both flintlock and percussion long guns of any caliber I choose to shoot?

Grab this box, powder horn, range rod, and out the door for a wonderful day at the range.

Respectfully, Cowboy5E9E4944-6B2D-4CF1-9D55-DFA1929692CB.jpeg98FA56DB-B9FE-4712-A1B3-9C103010B9BD.jpeg1C2A5801-02C3-4B43-AB72-44CD9F4500D8.jpeg7EE4B324-E72C-410E-87E6-D94F07C68FAF.jpegCBFF1637-22BA-4CDC-86E9-DD20C504FD66.jpegDED56746-A496-4DD7-B883-866A87638188.jpegABCF3D80-F839-48AF-B310-54F36F97D0CB.jpeg

You asked for it, so here ya go my friend. Is set up for an all day range session to accommodate both flintlock and percussion long guns of any caliber I choose to shoot?

Grab this box, powder horn, range rod, and out the door for a wonderful day at the range.

Respectfully, CowboyView attachment 27207View attachment 27208View attachment 27209View attachment 27210View attachment 27211View attachment 27212View attachment 27213
That's what I call access! Nice job! What's the copper attachment on the side? Grab handle? I see the crossed rifles, you infantry? The more I look at this, the more I see. Are those sides hand planed? You built that box, right? It looks hand built.

Last edited:
A lot of the very nice wood boxes displayed. They are really sharp-looking, and a pleasure to look at the unique designs/set ups. My range box is boughten rather than homemade. I use for my pistols, Trapper .50cal and Underhammer .36cal. I take everything needed for either pistol when I head to the range with this set up.

range carry.3602.JPG

range carry.3603.JPG

Black box is a Stack-On tool box sans top tray. Mainly used for larger or bulkier stuff like my ramrods, hammer, and so on. Milky-colored box has sized compartments, formerly a tackle tray. Have my .36 cal and .50 cal tools in the two top right compartments, cleaning supplies since I do some prelim cleaning at the range, and shooting supplies for both calibers.

Milky box angled into the black box leaves room for whichever pistol I choose to shoot. The back of the box is deep enough for me to put either pistol in. Everything I need can be carried in one hand. In my other hand I carry my homemade wood pistol reloading stand. Takes just a short time to add in the caliber of RBs I need, and the pistol. I like simple.

range carry.3604.JPG

A lot of the very nice wood boxes displayed. They are really sharp-looking, and a pleasure to look at the unique designs/set ups. My range box is boughten rather than homemade. I use for my pistols, Trapper .50cal and Underhammer .36cal. I take everything needed for either pistol when I head to the range with this set up.

View attachment 27276

View attachment 27277

Black box is a Stack-On tool box sans top tray. Mainly used for larger or bulkier stuff like my ramrods, hammer, and so on. Milky-colored box has sized compartments, formerly a tackle tray. Have my .36 cal and .50 cal tools in the two top right compartments, cleaning supplies since I do some prelim cleaning at the range, and shooting supplies for both calibers.

Milky box angled into the black box leaves room for whichever pistol I choose to shoot. The back of the box is deep enough for me to put either pistol in. Everything I need can be carried in one hand. In my other hand I carry my homemade wood pistol reloading stand. Takes just a short time to add in the caliber of RBs I need, and the pistol. I like simple.

View attachment 27278
That's basically how I roll now but part of the reason I started this thread was to get ideas on a box I'm going to build. Some of this stuff is just awesome. It really means I have to swing for the fences to make something that'll impress this crowd, lol.

Latest posts

Back