• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Show us your range box!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capnball

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Post a picture of what you bring to the range. I'm actually in the middle of designing a purpose built range box but this is how I roll now. I also have a couple cigar box's with interchangeable inserts for assorted lubed ammo.
Neil

Attachments

• KIMG1222.JPG
    KIMG1222.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 272
  • KIMG1627.JPG
    KIMG1627.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 269
  • 74812.jpeg
    74812.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 270
  • KIMG1223.JPG
    KIMG1223.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 268
Very nice rig!I be putting together a possibles bag but they don't allow loading from a horn at my local range. My tool box serves as my possibles bag and cleaning/range box. Is that a Lymans great plains rifle?

I no Longer shoot at a Public Range, other than the 2 clubs that I belong too..

Then I just lay the bag & horn on the loading bench and load for there.

Yes, that is a GPR, it was my first flintgun..
Great shooting gun, once the sharp groves in the barrel settled in.

I no Longer shoot at a Public Range, other than the 2 clubs that I belong too..

Then I just lay the bag & horn on the loading bench and load for there.

Yes, that is a GPR, it was my first flintgun..
Great shooting gun, once the sharp groves in the barrel settled in.
I really like the way those guns look. They look like they're a perfect balance of looks and functionality. The "Black Rifle" of its day. Hickock just did a review on YouTube of the percussion version of the GPR. It's hard to beat the price point to. I've actually heard that Lymans fit and finish can be anywhere from very good to not so much! The few I've seen were all pretty nice. I bought a Pedersoli Kentucky flintlock for my son. The fit and finish on those guns is crazy nice. How long have you had it now?

Last edited:
I no longer own the GPR, but it was a well built gun.

I owned it for 10 years , before selling it.

After I purchased my Tip Curtis made .54 cal longrifle, the GPR just didn’t see much action..

It seems to me the older GPR’s and TC’s rifles were better guns, as far as the fit and finish goes.
1D1B99E8-B8E0-4FBF-879F-124450AAA0C8.jpeg

I have no problem with buying used if the gun has some kind of a decent track record across multiple owners. So far that gun hasn't come up on my radar as a bad shooter. I will keep my eyes open as my penny had fills.

Latest posts

Back