• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Show Us Your Muzzle-Loading Guns, Rifles & Pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kia Ora. Just reading this . Sorry VERY late reply:(
Lol .not chain shot.
Manhole cover back stop . :)
My late reply not sure Manhole cover clearly that will do it I shoot at the G Downs & on occasion Motueka range besides the odd trip to Blenheim lads ranges on the river road very good range & shooters . Ime mostly into archaic stuff but I do have some cap locks . fond of Matchlocks , Turkish guns & 'English' locks But have made many Long rifles for patrons even two Hawkens but don't like them (heavy brutes ) My pet 50 cal runs 5 pounds weight that's' the go for a bush gun' .Flint mid to late Provincial English 26" swamped round Brl its seen a lot of bush miles .Do you know the Beaver town lads ? its just across the river heading for Nelson first turn left . I could PM you a contact they shoot most Sundays I think .
Regards Rudyard

Last edited:
My late reply not sure Manhole cover clearly that will do it I shoot at the G Downs & on occasion Motueka range besides the odd trip to Blenheim lads ranges on the river road very good range & shooters . Ime mostly into archaic stuff but I do have some cap locks . fond of Matchlocks , Turkish guns & 'English' locks But have made many Long rifles for patrons even two Hawkens but don't like them 9heavy brutes 0 My pet 50 cal runs 5 pounds weight that's' the go for a bush gun' .Flint mid to late Provincial English 26" swamped round Brl its seen a lot of bush miles .Do you know the Beaver town lads ? its just across the river heading for Nelson first turn left . I could PM you a contact they shoot most Sundays I think .
Regards Rudyard

Kia Ora Rudyard,
We must meet one day as well as Duncan.
My health has taken me north. But I'll be back ??? Soon.
I no Northbank. Never been tho.
I mainly shoot at home.
& occasionally deer on a trip .
Looking forward to meeting one day.
Your knowledge is vast.& skills I should add.
Ata Marie :)
Ma te wa
Rudyard

Kia Ora Rudyard,
We must meet one day as well as Duncan.
My health has taken me north. But I'll be back ??? Soon.
I no Northbank. Never been tho.
I mainly shoot at home.
& occasionally deer on a trip .
Looking forward to meeting one day.
Your knowledge is vast.& skills I should add.
Ata Marie :)
Ma te wa
Rudyard
Dear Pukatea Bay Boy .Yes Duncan is fine gentleman been at it years I suppose I have a bit too .sorry I don't understand Maori .I actually speak more Zulu though I worked in the Uraweras all I knew spoke English but in later years I worked in Natal on a railway line extension & the official' mine language' Fangolor was the excepted norm .I made an effort to learn some Zulu finding it more poetic and it pleased my crew .Ive kept up all the various languages I picked up by practicing on the dogs & cats who probably don't much understand but its a way of remembering them . But I regret I hav'nt worked in Maori and the media push it . So I never watch NZ TV news preferring less' bought' & Biased Aljazeera's .(Most all the US news is biased & even BBC are left wing leaning .like the anti gun papers mostly are .. I don't know if I've that vast a knowledge fairly cluey I suppose been at it since school days that ended at 15 My guess is your the only Māori speaker on this forum I apologize if my frankness disturbs you .Ime too old to readily except changes ',New age' I am not .
Regards Rudyard

Dear Pukatea Bay Boy .Yes Duncan is fine gentleman been at it years I suppose I have a bit too .sorry I don't understand Maori .I actually speak more Zulu though I worked in the Uraweras all I knew spoke English but in later years I worked in Natal on a railway line extension & the official' mine language' Fangolor was the excepted norm .I made an effort to learn some Zulu finding it more poetic and it pleased my crew .Ive kept up all the various languages I picked up by practicing on the dogs & cats who probably don't much understand but its a way of remembering them . But I regret I hav'nt worked in Maori and the media push it . So I never watch NZ TV news preferring less' bought' & Biased Aljazeera's .(Most all the US news is biased & even BBC are left wing leaning .like the anti gun papers mostly are .. I don't know if I've that vast a knowledge fairly cluey I suppose been at it since school days that ended at 15 My guess is your the only Māori speaker on this forum I apologize if my frankness disturbs you .Ime too old to readily except changes ',New age' I am not .
Regards Rudyard
Your frankness is welcome .& I'm far from New age :)
I look forward to catching up one day .
Nga mihi Rudyard

Your frankness is welcome .& I'm far from New age :)
I look forward to catching up one day .
Nga mihi Rudyard
Dear Pukatea Boy. Ime so pleased you are not upset by my frankness I hope to see you at shoots probably Blenheim /Beavertown range . I expect Pukatea Bay is in the Sounds .Ime out by Tapawera on the Motueka river .I have a mixed bag battery .
Regards Rudyard

Back