• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Show me your TVM rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favorites, 40cal Green Mountain barrel that’s a tack driver! Sorry to see they don’t make pistols anymore.
825A2AB4-01EE-4EAA-A9A0-040FD90588E1.png
193AE4B7-F06F-4A45-96BC-5F42CE37C8C4.png
825A2AB4-01EE-4EAA-A9A0-040FD90588E1.png

This is the TVM Early Virginia rifle I love dearly but am trying to sell so I can buy a Brown Bess:
.50 caliber
Chambers lock
straight barrel
super light double set trigger
brass furniture
maple stock

Attachments

• Side profile upright.jpeg
    Side profile upright.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 137
  • Upright rifle belly.jpeg
    Upright rifle belly.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 129
  • Buttstock and sideplate.jpeg
    Buttstock and sideplate.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Sideplate.jpeg
    Sideplate.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Closeup Butt.jpeg
    Closeup Butt.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 85
Here is my TVM Southern Mountain Rifle. .50 cal., 39 inch barrel, all browned metal, premium maple stock. I treated myself to this about 16 years ago when I got a long-awaited promotion on my job. Shot quite a few PA deer with it. Very fast lock and very accurate. By looking at prices, I would say this would cost twice as much now as when I ordered it.
20210222_044246.jpg

Thank you for this thread. I ordered a Southern Mountain in .54 last June. Got an email 2 weeks ago saying it was in production. So like the cat that got its tail caught in a fan.... it won't be long now.

That's a very nice looking "transitional" rifle. I will predict that one day after you sell it that sale will be one of your regrets. Naturally, I think a Brown Bess is a great musket, but mine has not driven me away from my rifles.
I know man I love it dearly. It's a beautiful rifle and it shoots great, but I have a better rifle I like to use for hunting, and for my Roger's Rangers kit I need a Bess. So here I am, parting with a piece of art out of necessity.

Here is my TVM Southern Mountain Rifle. .50 cal., 39 inch barrel, all browned metal, premium maple stock. I treated myself to this about 16 years ago when I got a long-awaited promotion on my job. Shot quite a few PA deer with it. Very fast lock and very accurate. By looking at prices, I would say this would cost twice as much now as when I ordered it. View attachment 65450
Beautiful!

Back