• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

show me your plain and perdy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1665070795679.jpeg
1665070941749.jpeg
1665070987038.jpeg
1665071038362.jpeg

I’m not sure what kinda crack you guys are smoking to think the guns shown are plain, but it must be some good stuff! Not overly embellished, sure, I’ll buy that. Not plain though. Beautiful guns, men.

View attachment 166816
Here’s a very plain little girl with some really pretty wood.
Beautiful wood and gun! In my opinion wood that nice doesn't need to be covered up with a lot of inlays or have a lot of carving. Stands out just like it is with just accent carving in the right places unless you want to make a work of art. That's great too if you can do the fancy carving work well as some folks here certainly can.

Last edited:
My favorite competition & hunting rifle for 40 years is an original Danish Jaeger .70 cal. made by I.C. Haugaard in Kiobenhaven.
Haugaard was a master armourer for the Crown.
When I found this rifle over 40 years ago what drew me to purchase it was the mint condition of it's rifled bore, precision quality lock and stock with just minor dings, it was obvious that it's previous owners since the 1840s had also used it & meticulously maintained it.
Now that I've passed 80 & am no longer able to compete or hunt with it hopefully it end up with another caretaker who will insure it keeps on being a survivor.
relic shooter

IMG_2403.JPG Danish Jaeger.JPG

My favorite competition & hunting rifle for 40 years is an original Danish Jaeger .70 cal. made by I.C. Haugaard in Kiobenhaven.
Haugaard was a master armourer for the Crown.
When I found this rifle over 40 years ago what drew me to purchase it was the mint condition of it's rifled bore, precision quality lock and stock with just minor dings, it was obvious that it's previous owners since the 1840s had also used it & meticulously maintained it.
Now that I've passed 80 & am no longer able to compete or hunt with it hopefully it end up with another caretaker who will insure it keeps on being a survivor.
relic shooter

View attachment 166840
That’s an excellent rifle with a great backstory. I love these “historic” pieces.

Latest posts

Back