• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Should be a good squirrel season.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidney Smith

58 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm sitting in my favorite squirrel area. Had planned to get out early this morning, but you know how plans go. Anyway, I'm here now. A lot of foliage on the trees so seeing any up high is pretty much not going to happen. Good news is acorns are dropping all around me so they're bound to come down to get at them. Gonna give it until around 615 and see what happens. Have the .32 loaded and sitting on lap.

Actually, not good at all. I could hear a couple squirrels in the treetops dropping acorns, but since there us so much foliage on the trees, I could not get even a glimpse of a squirrel. I did however have three does walk right past me as they enjoyed their dinner of fallen nuts. I only hung around until around 515, as the Missus called and told me she was starting supper early. I'm going to give another spot a try tomorrow afternoon. This spot has always been loaded with squirrels and it has a little less low hanging foliage, so I should have a better chance at them. Wish we could hunt Sundays but alas here in Pa the arse backwards thinkers are still holding onto their old blue laws. We do have a couple Sundays we can hunt but that won't come for another month.

I was out yesterday in PA also with my .32. Got one shot in the morning and missed. Saw a gew and heard some others I couldn’t see. The evening was a bust. Sure was good to get out though.

Back