• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Shots Per Shooting Session?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try to get to my club's range twice a week and usually shoot muzzleloaders, mostly percussion, at least one of those days. I generally shoot for 1.5 to 2 hours firing roughly 30 shots.

On average how many shots do you fire during whatever your typical shooting session is?
How many shots do you fire in between cleanings? On muzzleloaders and percussion

When I shoot, I shoot quite a bit. I find cleaning black powder to be a bit monotonous, and I'm REALLY thorough, so when I shoot, I make the hour + cleaning worth it.

I'd say I shoot 25-50 times in an average session.

When I'm out with my Kibler, I have 2 ball boards totaling 34 shots. Sometimes all get shot, other times not, but I rarely go above that. With other stuff that I am cutting patches for and whatnot, probably 20. Never really counted.

Back