• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shotgun!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a reminder... June is getting over fast along with the shotgun contest. If you want to enter, you best get to shootin'. Targets must be postmarked by July 1st!:hatsoff:

The shotgun contest is officially over. If you didn't get your target in the mail by today, you're out of luck. I'll post the results after I check my P.O.box July 10th.

The Results Are In!

And the winner is;

1. Wildshot 162 pellets :shocked2: He says he used a 12ga New Englander with a turkey choke. I say Turkeys Beware!

2. Skunkskinner, 91 pellets

3. Pete D, 35 pellets

4. grzrob, 32 pellets

Thanks! That was fun to shoot. Did a little experiment with different powder charges and chokes. The summary is that less powder does not always tighten the pattern and at 20 yards, choke does not give much advantage over cylinder. The prize winning shot was taken with a 70 grain charge of Goex 2f, one Ox-yoke wonder wad, 1 oz. of #6 lead and an overshot card. The choke tube is the port turkey choke from T/C.

Let’s do some more shotgun contest!

Hey Jethro,,

I missed this one completely, but since you seem to be entertaining another SG shoot in the fall . . . I have a question - this last event was for "traditional smoothbore muzzleloader" - does a traditional SxS percussion sidelock fit in there or does it have to be a single barrel, assuming, of course, you only shoot one barrel at the target? I have both, so it ain't no skin off my teeth either way, just a question of staying within the rules.

Yessir, a double-barrel is a legal gun according to the rules. You get to pick which barrel to use. :thumbsup:

Back