• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shotgun Slugs in .69 Smoothbore, we have a winner :)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might have them do two molds, one an exact copy of that schematic and one with the measurements shifted to get a .660 Nessler, like the one named in those French trials with the Nesslers, they list a Nessler in a mm caliber that converted to .660.

That way I'll have both. I have 3 .69 muskets and I'll probably have more in the future, might as well have fun with them.

With how the .678 slugs did at 40 yards, I'd "expect" them to carry to 100 but I'll only know when I shoot. Having sights on the musket helps.

If not for Ballistic Products .678 slugs I'd probably just have given up on this. The Fury guy tried but his slugs are just too thin walled unless they come alive with 1f.

Past 100 it will be "can it hit the 4' x 4' target backer but , a 4 foot x 4 foot target at 200 is a solid, usable hit for a Smoothbore designed for en masse fire.

There is reason for the persistence of slug loading, and I think you are on the right track here.
I would invest money on new molds rather than buying 1F to experiment (unless you already have some on hand).

If I could get this translated from whatever units of measure this is or find a schematic that's in millimeters at least so I can convert it to English measurements.
It is in millimetres. One is done with a stroke on the left to the top to differentiate it from the letter 'I' and the seven has a cross to differentiate it from the one. All standard stuff if you learned to write in a French 'Ecole Maternelle'. I didn't but it makes sense. Oh and the decimal indicator is a comma. A dot is for thousands.

I have a pound of 1f I ordered by accident in a 5 pound batch from Powder Inc , but I'm pretty sure the "failed" slugs will sit , waiting for another use.

I'll have to start contacting these mold makers

Back