• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shotgun help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow#21957

50 Cal.
Reaction score
If you can tell me ok pics would be nice. I've built a few rifles perc and flint. From precarve stocks. I want to build myself a 12 ga.shotgun. Are they basically like building a rifle. Nothing super hard about breech area?
Same type lock? I like large silers. I do not care if I have to use a diff lock.I have it in my mind that it would be oct to round but round is good too. Like I say rifles no problem but I know nothing about shotgun builds. I have done a fusil and have one on the way to build.Anyone want to show some pics and give some info/help. Would be greatly appreciated. I have went all ml,s for hunting and shooting. Thankyou very much

Why doesn't anyone offer a single 12 ga ml kit or factory. I mean has the single barrel went by by? I've wanted one for years but now more than ever.Pexatonica offers a stock. Not sure if they offer barrel and the other components. I need to call and find out. You think at Friendship I could find the materials. I really want to build it my self but whatever.

Why doesn't anyone offer a single 12 ga ml kit or factory. I mean has the single barrel went by by? I've wanted one for years but now more than ever.Pexatonica offers a stock. Not sure if they offer barrel and the other components. I need to call and find out. You think at Friendship I could find the materials. I really want to build it my self but whatever.
The parts are easy to find.

Good to hear. Do I want round or Oct to round? I'm guessing that once at Friendship someone can direct me what booths to go to. I do know Mike Eder pretty well at FlintlockcsLLC

Yes, Oct/rnd, Chambers Virginia or early ketland, walnut stock, brass fowling gun mounts in brass. You better get on the stick to one of the barrel makers and get a 12 bore barrel ordered. Or list a "wanted to buy" add somewhere. By the time you get the barrel you'll have everything else and be ready to start.

If you can tell me ok pics would be nice. I've built a few rifles perc and flint. From precarve stocks. I want to build myself a 12 ga.shotgun. Are they basically like building a rifle. Nothing super hard about breech area?
Same type lock? I like large silers. I do not care if I have to use a diff lock.I have it in my mind that it would be oct to round but round is good too. Like I say rifles no problem but I know nothing about shotgun builds. I have done a fusil and have one on the way to build.Anyone want to show some pics and give some info/help. Would be greatly appreciated. I have went all ml,s for hunting and shooting. Thankyou very much
You shouldnt have too much trouble if you've already made rifles before . Pictured is a neat little set up I did for a friend of mind that is build but is not all about traditional methods . The angle iron serves as a guide for a small router . The barrel lays in the groove quite centered so helps with the bedding , keeping it straight and all . After your barrel is in make centerlines , top and bottom . measure center , both sides at breech and mark in n bottom . The ends areveasybto see and mark center . The make lines , top and bottom and adhere these lines during the build .

Attachments

• IMG_20230408_125210.jpg
    IMG_20230408_125210.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230408_122335.jpg
    IMG_20230408_122335.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230321_143756.jpg
    IMG_20230321_143756.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back