• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Shotgun Help

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gentlemen

I can not read this, is it Diwildj or Dimilde or what?
Any help is appreciated
German Shotgun 2.jpg

German Shotgun 3.jpg

Whatever the name, it was either made or sold in Brno, back then, as now, THE centre of Czechia small-arms and military firearms manufacture. It's a beautiful gun - can we see the rest of it please?

I think I have it, it is "Diwisch in Brunn" I also found a couple of pictures online showing similar checkering and the bottom of the wrist, but much uglier guns, some old German guns have old world charm and some....whew!

Thanks to all

Over the years a number of Diwisch in Brunn engraved guns have been auctioned off in Europe, including three double rifles in France in 2000.

The name is also attached to an early monocular rifle sighting device sold by an auction house in Bedford, UK - see -

1621973293412.png

Latest posts

Back