• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Shot the TC today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speed loaders can draw moisture over 29 years.For hunting I use the plastic horse wormer tubes to keep premeasured powder charges in plugged with a tapered wooden dowel. I found one once laying at the base of a multiflora rose bush that I must have dropped a few years earlier when hunting in that area, The powder was still dry even after at least two years out in the weather.

I shot my TC Hawkin last Sunday for the first time in months. It was a pleasure in every way, it always does what it's supposed to. I haven't figured out why I don't shoot it more often. I think I have too many to choose from when I go out.

Shot my TC Hawken today for the first time since 1993. Used speed loaders that I filled with Goex FF in 1993. I had some misfires but I think I can work it out at the range. The FFFF was from 1993 also. Just got new supply of Schleutzen FFFF and FF. It seemed good to shoot it again!!!!
Is this a flintlock or cap lock?

I don't use speed loaders anymore. Powder stays in the horn, or the original can. Horn to measure, then ball and patch from loading block, easy.

Back