• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Shot the GRP today..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ballshooter

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Well still no bear and it's getting hot here..So, I thought it would be a good Idea to check my zero @ 50 yards. I'd say if something presents it's self it's in trouble! Shot 4 times at the paper
Plate from a hunting sitting position, I am happy with that! Had a hell of a time in the past to get a patch and round ball started with and without a short starter using .530 balls I molded myself with lead from Justin 44. No fault of the lead or the mold it was the crown and the first inch of the barrel would seem to cut the patch. I tried to smooth the crown with no adval. So, decided to cut off an inch of barrel and recrowned the GRP. Man was I happy with the result! Clay pigeons at 100 yards no problem! I took one final shot at 125 yards just to see if I could hit with the same 6 o'clock hold yep...I am good with the outcome.

Attachments

• 20210812_093657.jpg
    20210812_093657.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 20210805_130930.jpg
    20210805_130930.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 213
Most beautiful GPR! Amazing stock. Oh, good shooting as well.
Thank you very much..I took great pleasure redoing the stock. I also just put on a T/C hammer to get better geometry on the cock and I am also able to run 3/4 × 7/8in flints now instead of the 3/4 × 3/4 or 3/4 x 5/8's. Ignition and spark is greatly improved.

WOW, what a nice looking stock! Did you know it was that nice before you stripped it down? Greg

That’s basically what I use…I think I need to find better sights for my eyes
I am using the fixed primitive semi buck horn but, I opened it up to a U shape with a small round file. Really helps to consecrate on the front not to mention it's way easier to see the front sight. It worked for my eyes.

Attachments

• 20210705_111006.jpg
    20210705_111006.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 44
I am using the fixed primitive semi buck horn but, I opened it up to a U shape with a small round file. Really helps to consecrate on the front not to mention it's way easier to see the front sight. It worked for my eyes.
Yeah I should know better… that looks a lot better now that you showed it. Thank you

Reminds me of a Rendezvous where the targets were small lollipops sticking out of a board. The instructions were to shoot the lollipops. I shot my two and the lollipops went flying. The scorer called out, "Zero, ye was 'posed to shoot the lollipops, not the sticks!"

Back