• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shot question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get mine from my son. A local hardware store near him also sells guns and they sell bags of shot. I'm not sure if they are cheaper than someplace else but nobody around me sells it. Luckily a bag lasts me a good while.

Not sure where you’re located. Recently bought a couple 25lb bags of 9’s at Sportsman’s Warehouse. $45 per bag. Shot prices have been peaked around that price point for a number of years now. Don’t think we’ll ever see $12 a bag again.

Newtire beat me to it.

It depends where you are

Yep!
Shipping is about half the price of shot because it's so darn heavy. The best way to buy is in bulk, by the semi load (which still ain't much).
Try your local trap/skeet club, although guys don't reload quite like they use to due to the high price.
I've shot homemade and reclaimed shot too. It all works.
Price doesn't vary much though among retailers, not enough manufacturing competition.

Nyckname: Believe it or not, some companies do vacuum skeet fields to recover the shot. My club has a firm from Ohio come out every 5 years or so to vacuume the broken birds and the spent shot. It is part of our reclamation program required for our operating permit.

Our club picks up the spent shot every few years, The outfit that does it has a gas engine powered apparatus on a large trailer. Sure blows the dust around. When I used to be able to use it, the reclaimed shot upped my hit percentage on dove and quail.

Back